A bar is first mentioned here in 1293, at which time it was probably no more than a chain (or bar) between wooden posts.
During the eighteenth century Temple Bar was used to display the heads of traitors on iron spikes which protruded from the top of the…
Wren's Temple Bar stood in Fleet Street for just over 200 years
Ten years later it caught the eye of Lady Meux, a banjo playing barmaid who had married into a very wealthy family of London…
In 1976 the Temple Bar Trust was established with the intention of returning the Bar to the Capital.
The Theobalds estate was purchased by George Prescott in 1763, and built the house which is known today as Theobalds Park.