Old Temple Bar

A bar is first mentioned here in 1293, at which time it was probably no more than a chain (or bar) between wooden posts.
Life at Theobalds

Ten years later it caught the eye of Lady Meux, a banjo playing barmaid who had married into a very wealthy family of London…
Theobalds Park

The Theobalds estate was purchased by George Prescott in 1763, and built the house which is known today as Theobalds Park.